Legendary Duel Academy
Hi, Welcome to CDA. If you are interested to join us please create a account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Legendary Duel Academy
Hi, Welcome to CDA. If you are interested to join us please create a account.
Legendary Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where champions are born and the legends reside

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phantom Craft Effect over Dark Hole/Torrential

+2
Ryou Bakura
Hellgab
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hellgab

Hellgab

I'm gonna explain something here, that is being causing lots of issues over the dueling network. Phantom Craft Beast effect protection over Dark Hole and Torrential. Many are saying that they are all destroyed since if the token banishes then the mosnter loses targets and are destroyed. But according to my theory they aren't. Phantom Beastcraft Monsters survives Dark Hole and any other card like Black Rose or Tribute Torrential. How do i know?
theres a similar ritual monster called:

DivineGrace Northwemko
Phantom Craft Effect over Dark Hole/Torrential DivineGrace-NorthwemkoSOVR-EN-UR-UE

As you can see her effect is similar to the one of the Phantom beastcraft, she targets 2 cards on the field aslong those cards are face up She can't be destroyed by cards effect. And according to the ruling that northwemko gives says:

- If "Divine Grace - Northwemko" and one of the cards targeted by its effect are destroyed at the same time, "Divine Grace - Northwemko" will not be destroyed.[1]
*resource Konami
*yugioh wikia

So even if the targets are dead northwemko completely survives. Meaning even if the tokens are destroyed the Phantom Beastcraft also stays alive.

But this is how I will play them until the official ruling for these monters comes on the next expansion.

http://hellgab.deviantart.com

Ryou Bakura

Ryou Bakura

This is some really good info Very Happy (Not good for me though >.< lol)

EpicCD16

EpicCD16

I have no idea, beast cards are not my area of expertise, you may just want to ask an admin on dn or ask someone on their public chat, Ur bound to find someone with the answers. You could also try yugioh wiki card rulings. It is really helpful and I use it all the time. Well good luck finding the answers Ur looking for

Zartorius

I have seen cards with effects very similar have 2 very different rulings, so you never know, but seeing as the beastcraft have not yet hit a point to where they have rulings, this is a very good way to look at it.

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

well they have the monsters and as long as the monsters on the field they don't die so dark hole kills all killable monsters but since it kills at the same time and in no order phantom beastcraft monsters live unless you have another which is impossible

Shroudx

Shroudx

They would survive because even though cards like Dark Hole and Turriental destroy all the monsters at once during the Destruction of the monsters The beast Crafts Effect Kicks in therefore in the tokens are momenterally still on the field they survive Razz at least thats my opinion

Zartorius

Phoenix by your logic that means that dark hole wouldn't kill things like shi en because of his effect, which isn't true..
with Dark hole or TT everything is destroyed at once, meaning when the effect kicks in it has no targets to target to keep it alive.
And i looked closer at the ritual card and the ruling you put up above. If as people are saying the Beastcraft effects activate during the destruction, then it is actually a very different situation than that ruling.

If anyone would like to give the direct name of the certains cards we are discussing I will take a look at the specific cards and see what my take on the rulings is(not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, but better than nothing)

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

but phantom craft doesn't target other monsters it's just if they are on the field so it does make sense

Hellgab

Hellgab

That's the issue Resu, is hard to find out whenever is true or not. But as for similar monsters to the Phantomcraft. They all have the same result

http://hellgab.deviantart.com

Zartorius

Ok since no one wanted to atleast show me the effect writing, i looked it up myself.

The effect of Shi En is somewhat similar. It says that if you control another six sam monster you can tribute that monster to keep shi en on the field.

There is a ruling for Shi En that states that TT and Dark Hole would still destroy Shi En.

Therefore the phantom beastcraft monsters would still be destroyed by dark hole and other such effects, because the situation is almost identical.

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

actually no they won't because in Phantom beastcraft you don't tribute monsters, it's just if they are on the field so they don't die

Shi En:
Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

Phantom Beastcraft Tether-wolf:
When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beastcraft Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). Increase this card's Level by the combined Levels of all "Phantom Beastcraft Tokens" you control. While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per Damage Step that this card battles a monster: You can Tribute 1 Token monster you control; have this card gain 800 ATK until the End Phase.

as these effects are stated, dark hole would destroy Shi En since it needs another monster to be destroyed but since they are all destroyed it would die where as beastcraft would survive since all the monsters are destroyed at the same time thus only the tokens would be destroyed since it's effect protects it from destruction

Zartorius

The reason Shi Ens effect won't work is because the other six sams are considered destroyed and not controlled, meaning that the same thing would be considered when it came down to whether or not the tokens are considered still controlled.

I guess we will have to wait until an official ruling comes out, but I am in favor of it being rules the same way as Shi En.

I myself will be highly surprised if the offical ruling states that beastcraft wouldnt be destroyed.

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

this is why beastcraft is op and will be meta someday soon

Zartorius

Once rulings come out for them we will see how good they are gonna be.

Ryou Bakura

Ryou Bakura

From what I saw on ygopro if you use a card or effect that destroys all your opponents monsters the beastcraft stays but all the tokens go

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

told you, i was right

Shroudx

Shroudx

I knew it lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]